- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing. Clean the area gently with soap and water and then pat to dry. Apply the correct and calm serum, provided by Elimination Station, on the treated area 3 times a day and cover with a sterile bandage. Repeat this process for 3 days following a treatment.
- Over time, blisters or scabs may form and may last up to two weeks. It is very important that you do not pick or pop any of these as they may cause scarring and infection. Remember, these are natural responses to the treatment and are your body’s way of telling you that it is healing and removing the ink from your skin. Once a blister has popped naturally, continue to apply antibiotic ointment, such as Neosporin, onto the area for the next 24 hours.
- If you experience any discomfort or inflammation, we suggest applying a cold compress onto the treated area 24 hours after receiving laser treatment. Tylenol can also be taken but stay away from Aspirin – it can increase your chances of bruising and/or bleeding.
- Showers can be taken as long as high-pressure water is not hitting the treated area directly. Avoid baths, hot tubs, swimming pools, or any soaking of the treated area.
- Itchiness is a common side effect and can be treated by applying moisturizers such as Aquaphor, vitamin E ointment, or Neosporin can be used, but we recommend and provide a calming serum from Dermamedics.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water will help aid your body in flushing out the ink and speed up the healing process.
- Wait 6-8 weeks in-between treatments. Your skin and your immune system need to heal completely before each new treatment.
As long as you follow these instructions and take special care of your treated tattoo, you will see beautiful, clear results. If you are worried about any side effects or have any questions regarding our aftercare instructions, don’t hesitate to call our office.